Is my overbite or extracted tooth causing this?

Hello, I am a 26 year old male going through severe depression, well how do I start, from the ages of 18 to about 20 my face was In a good shape then around 22 to say 24 my face started slimming down
I lost abit of tooth when I was around 21 but I didn’t get it removed
I got my tooth extracted this summer July 2019, after that my face started slimming down again all this is causing me , aesthetic psychological & medical problems
I don’t know what the cause of this could be it gives me a younger appearance too making me look less masculine and less like my age I’m 26 and people think I’m 19, I’m not taken seriously I can’t get jobs it is affecting my life deeply, no one seems to know what the cause is everyone thinks it is genetic, but I’ve looked at pics when I was younger and I could say my face looked normal now it just doesn’t & also as you mature isn’t your face supposed to mature too?
Can a overbite or extracted tooth cause your face to shrink?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Simple answer, no. Your face stopped changing in late teens, and an extraction won't make any difference.
If you are receiving psychological counselling for your depression, then discuss these feelings with your psychiatrist or psychologist.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Do you have any eating disorders and or compromised medical conditions? Do you have any unexplained weight loss? If so, have them corrected and or managed. Afterwards, consider growing facial hair to look older and perhaps hit the gym free weights to look more masculine.

Vote:

Ask a Question