Is my implant positioned right ?

Hello experts,

I am looking for an opinion on the positioning of my implant which i have for around 3 months now. The gap between 3 and 5 was a bit too big so we decided to go closer to the 3, what i am concern is I would think that the implant should be parallel with tooth 3 and it seems it is parallel with tooth 5. what do you guys think ?

2.png

Also a possible question, what should i do next for the missing 6 next ? is a super short implant possible ? or sinus lift or my doctor even mentioned some IHDE implants that go directly into the sinus and stay there, is that a good idea ? it sounds scary to me

Thank you !

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
  1. That implant is not parallel to either the 3 or the 5. This can sometimes mean that the abutment comes too close to the 3. I think you will have enough room, so don't be too worried.
  2. You won't need a big crown to fill the small gap between the 5 and the 7, so a short implant might be possible. At most you would also consider a sinus lift. I looked up IHDE implants and they seem to be making implants similar in size and shape to other implant manufacturers. I would stick to major implant manufacturers like Straumann, Nobel, BioHorizons where the quality is more assured and the availability of components will always be there.

Vote:
  1. That implant is not parallel to either the 3 or the 5. This can sometimes mean that the abutment comes too close to the 3. I think you will have enough room, so don't be too worried.
  2. You won't need a big crown to fill the small gap between the 5 and the 7, so a short implant might be possible. At most you would also consider a sinus lift. I looked up IHDE implants and they seem to be making implants similar in size and shape to other implant manufacturers. I would stick to major implant manufacturers like Straumann, Nobel, BioHorizons where the quality is more assured and the availability of components will always be there.

Thank you for your replay, regarding point 2, i think IHDE are suggested in this case because they have some model that is designed to penetrate the sinus and stay there, i researched as much as i could online and i didnt found anything like that but im presuming the doctor knows more then me and such thing exists. But my question is, even if there is an implant designed for that purpose, is that a good idea ? or some other option is still a better choice. For example one doctor suggested pulling the 5 to the place of the 6 and planting regular implant in the place where the 5 is now.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I can't think of any reason why an implant sticking into the sinus like that would be a good idea. Absolute lunacy to extract the 5 and planting an implant there!

Vote:

Ask a Question