Is it possible to get an infection or dry socket 2 weeks post extraction? Picture

Hello I got 3 wisdom teeth removed 13 days ago the top two haven't given me any issues but the bottom was imoacted. My stitches dissolved yesterday day 12 and since then I've been getting a sharp pain that comes and goes. Is this a dry socket or possible infection? Is it normal to have pain two weeks out? My gums are also very red.

Attachments

• 20170930_202118.jpg
    20170930_202118.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 690
Dry socket is exposed bone where an initial clot doesn't form or it falls out. Unlikely after 2 weeks more likely infection from bit of food or possibly fragment of tooth or jawbone left behind. You will probably need some antibiotics and or an x-ray to see how the bone socket is healing.

Vote:
Dry socket is exposed bone where an initial clot doesn't form or it falls out. Unlikely after 2 weeks more likely infection from bit of food or possibly fragment of tooth or jawbone left behind. You will probably need some antibiotics and or an x-ray to see how the bone socket is healing.

Thank you! I was able to make an appointment for tomorrow so hoping to get some final answers there.

Vote:

Ask a Question