Is it possible to fix this situation?

Solutions
Hi, so I have had this false tooth in since I was 13 (I'm 19 now) and as you can see it has moved the tooth next to it out of position considerably. I'm visiting my dentist in a week, but I can't calm myself down during this wait due to me thinking this is unfixable. Any ideas on if this able to be fixed? Maybe they could remove my wisdom teeth to help create more space?

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 89

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Braces first to widen the palate, then implant on the missing tooth and crown both front central incisors. When you widen the palate, you must wear a retainer for life or the palate will revert back to original position.

Vote:
Solutions
Braces first to widen the palate, then implant on the missing tooth and crown both front central incisors. When you widen the palate, you must wear a retainer for life or the palate will revert back to original position.
Wow, thanks for the response! I was beginning to think I was hopeless and was going to have to be missing a front tooth for the rest of my life. Also, are the retainers the ones you wear during the night?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Wow, thanks for the response! I was beginning to think I was hopeless and was going to have to be missing a front tooth for the rest of my life. Also, are the retainers the ones you wear during the night?

Yes. A lot of people I encounter do not take the retainers seriously and when they finally see me, the palate went back to before and the $6000 treatment went down the drain.

Vote:
Solutions
Yeah I think it’s no big deal if it’s something to do overnight, during the day it would be a pain though. I think the price would be enough reason to scare someone into wearing them, guess I better start saving.

Vote:

Ask a Question