Is it impacted wisdom teeth

Solutions
I am getting mixed responses about upper wisdom teeth. Do the upper two wisdom teeth impacted? (left in particular looks impacted). One dentist said wait and watch while other said left is severely impacted and oral surgeon should remove it. I think both should be removed. any inputs

Attachments

• plano.JPG
    plano.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 90

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

I would watch and wait. Your 2nd molars are still not fully developed, when looking at the root apex closure, and your third molars or wisdoms are also still developing.
I would wait to see what happens.
In a lot of cases, impacted but unerupted and asymptomatic wisdoms can be be left alone without any intervention. Especially if they pose no risk to the adjacent teeth.
If they do seem impacted and pose a risk to adjacent teeth, a good age to remove them is between 16-18 years, when the roots aren't fully developed yet.

Vote:
Solutions
Thanks for the quick response.

Orthodontist mentioned removal of wisdom teeth before starting braces. I think he said crowded teeth and wisdom doesn't go well and removing them will help in straightening the teeth.

Thank you

Vote:

Ask a Question