Irritated gum line around one tooth...advice please!

Hi,

I’m new to this and I was hoping for some advice! I have an appointment with the dentist coming up but I’m paranoid and wanted to see what everyone thinks. I have always had healthy teeth and just a few weeks ago ..around my left canine tooth it started looking irritated. I immediately panicked and started flossing even more...and using mouthwash twice a day. I was assuming it was bacteria irritating it. I do floss (I try to every day..occasionally I forget but not often) and I brush 2-3 Times/day. I try my best to take care of my teeth.

I’m starting to wonder if it’s just my brushing technique or if it’s something more. Does this look like irritation from brushing too hard? My toothbrush is soft for anyone wondering. There’s no pain with food or cold/hot sensitivity. It just simply only looks red around that one gum line. If I touch it with my finger...I can slightly feel a little irritation but nothing painful.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Attachments

• DECBE6BC-22C1-4EBB-B1D6-DCC210A7387F.jpeg
    DECBE6BC-22C1-4EBB-B1D6-DCC210A7387F.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 919
Solutions
Ouch! that looks sore. I'm not sure how you did it but you should see a dentist to see if they can give you any treatment to help it heal. The rest of the gums look healthy and you have really lovely teeth. I've found Peroxyl really helpful for helping this sort of thing to heal. The Peroxyl was given to me by a dentist when I had a gum surgery to lengthen a crown before a veneer was placed. It's not for long term use and i'm not sure all dentists approve of it. But when I've had any gum soreness for whatever reason since, it seems to give some relief.

But most dentists will probably say leave it alone for a few days and don't irritate it with over brushing or flossing too much. I'd recommend upping your vitamin C for a few days maybe (based on personal experience it helps gum soreness and mouth ulcers). Not sure what your diet is like but maybe you are low on fruit and veg? Maybe you just damaged it when you were eating. That can happen.

Let us know how you get on and keep smiling!

Vote:

Ask a Question