Inflammation on side of tongue please help

Hello- Im Jason. Back in late January i was eating some salty chips and it caused some inflammation on the side of my tongue. it took several weeks to get better (and certain foods kept irritating it) but then it came back. when i looked at the side of my tongue i saw what appeared to be a small sore/hole and a white halo surrounding it. I went to an oral surgeon and he said that the area was coming into contact with a sharp edge of my tooth and that i should get it smoothed out by my dentist. He also said he could biopsy it for me which kinda scared me. ANyway i wanted to see if anyone can offer some feedback on this.

Also just a brief history...my mother has erosive oral lichen planus and in the past i had two outbreaks of something similar to what i have now only it was on the inside of my cheek and on the inside of my lower lip. both areas healed and dont bother me anymore but much like what i have now, there was a small sore that seemed to cause this white patch to form around it. i attached a current pic with an arrow pointing to the site of the sore

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 3,766
This is a painful procedure but it will helps it heal quickly and effectively, rub a salt on top surface of the sore under your tongue and gargle with water, after then wait for 2-3days of healing.

Vote:

Ask a Question