Inflamed gums due to tartar buildup. Cant get a cleaning scheduled for two months. How do I stop it getting worse in the meantime?

Basically what the title says. I went to my dentist and was told I needed a cleaning to remove tartar that’s causing my gums to be slightly inflamed. However, the cleaning couldn’t be scheduled until two months from now. What can I do in the meantime to prevent it from getting worse?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Practice good oral hygiene habits, such as as brushing twice a day and flossing. You can also consider using an alcohol-free mouthrinse. GSK recently released a toothpaste called Parodontax. It has been proven to combat gingival inflammation better than conventional toothpastes.
The best would still be to get a professional cleaning done. Phone around for an earlier appointment with another dentist, or see if you can get in with an oral hygienist.

Vote:

Ask a Question