Inflamed gum cement intolerance after crown prep

Solutions
I had #21 prepped for a crown and today the permanent was placed. If feels ok.. but ive had ongoing redness at the site of the crown and the dentist said it is because my tissue is so thin and the margin is not good.
I am taking impeccable ocd care of my teeth with rinses and floss and gentle brushing, all soft foods.

Could it be that my body is rejecting the material? Im also wondering
if the permanent cement is the same as the temporary.

I asked about putting temporary cement on the permanent but she said that the back of the tooth was not inflamed only on the outside of the gumline. So the dentist went ahead and did the placement. Really hoping the inflamation goes away. Is this normal?
Im 55.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Would've been better to resolve the inflammation before placing the permanent crown. May have been a poorly fitting temporary crown, and maybe with the final crown it will resolve. Not enough info to say anything else.

Vote:
Solutions
Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.
Its slowly getting better but i wished she had listened to my request of letting it heal first before placing the permanent.
I would like to send my images to you as i have a plethora of things needing to be done but need to find a dentist who can take a look at the big picture and assume a plan of care for me.
Ive got a malocclusion, missing #19 shifting no bite basically, huge fillings an old crown #18 that is now hurting after this #21 was seated, bone resorption, very short roots, hypersensitivity.. you name it. Oh yeah i forgot i also need a new night guard as its been years.
Its like...
where does one begin? (if you look at my teeth, they are looking good, i take immaculate care of them, flossing, mousse, rinses, drinking even from a straw so as to avoid sugar on the teeth and sensitivity..
The dentist that did the crown on 18 realllly wanted to do an impant on missing 19 right away. Every time i went in they would push the implant when the crown was obviously still trying to settle and heal.
So perhaps you could give me a big picture as far as sequence of events go in order to bring my teeth back to some sort of calmness.
Yes im one of those patients..lots of anxiety around teeth and pain. Also due to past failed root canalx 2 months (#19) and the extraction that was basically straddling me to get it out..all very upsetting.
Thanks again

Vote:

Ask a Question