Infection or other causing pain.

So i have been suffering from one of the worst pains ive ever felt over the last 4 days. last night i had an emergency dental appointment (out of hours) i was so hoping that would be the end of it thinking they would just give me a temporary filling or something.

instead they gave me a round of 500mg amoxicillin every 8 hours for 5 days. saying i have an infection. the pain remains and im not talking a small tickle i mean the devil himself has crawled into my tooth and started gabbing his pitchfork on what i assume is the cause of all pain and suffering. its totally debilitating at its worst i shake in agony and im unable to talk.

the only thing that eases the pain ive found. is strangely brushing my affected teeth with toothpaste this stops the pain almost totally for about 15mins but it soon returns. i must of brushed my teeth atleast 70 times in the last couple of days just to stop the pain, ive taken paracetamol nurofen and other stuff to stop the pain nothing even comes close.

my concern is that the infection is not causing the pain, why would brushing help something like that? and if its not then what is? also i cant go to my dentist yet as ive only just registered with them and that takes a week before i can make an appointment. and to top it all off ive brushed my teeth so many times to stop the pain i think im doing damage to my gums and the inside of my cheek.

Help!!!!

and thank you in advance.

just to add i went out and bought some sensodyne toothpaste to try. it works even better its now been about 4 hours. although there is still pain its liveable. and mostly from the damage i did myself to the gums from brushing.

Vote:

Ask a Question