Infection after root canal treatment?

Solutions
Hi,

Is it possible to say from these two x-rays whether the upper molar on the left side (the one above the gap) has a root infection? The root canal treatment has been made like 10 years ago but I feel no pain or discomfort. I just want to know because I would like to place a crown there and I think that's not possible unless I will do a another root canal treatment. Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Radiografie Panoramica - oct 2017.jpg
1.jpg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Upper left molar palatal canal has dark area over apex indicating chronic infection. All 3 canals are underfilled, and I suspect you may have a 4th canal (MB2) which hasn't even been treated. Lower right molar in even worse state, and upper right molar is best of a bad bunch. Lower left molar root fragment also noted. You've got some serious endo problems here that need an endodontist to retreat. It's a tough call, but I'd suggest you see if you can get bottom right fixed first in your priorities - this is the most strategic tooth.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi MattKW,

Thanks you so so much for your reply, the detailed explanation and for the suggestions. They matter a lot to me and I am happy I am sure about it now. :) I have used an older x-ray because I don't have a panoramic one taken recently but I have retreated the last molar you mentioned and also, I have removed the cyst. So, now, it's time to take care of the upper molar. Thanks again for your help and I wish you a great day. :)

Vote:

Ask a Question