In a panic. Any options?

Back in July I began a series of dental visits for a broken tooth and lost filling that happened during the COVID shut down when offices were closed. Due to the back up appointment times were lengthy. My dentist suggested having several teeth pulled and a bridge put in. In Sept. when I went to see the oral surgeon I found that my original dentist had left the practice and a new dentist changed my course of treatment. He wanted to try and save a few teeth and the number of extractions was cut. After the extractions I was given a temporary bridge. I was then seen in Oct. for several root canals and crown prep. In early Nov. I was in for a final impression. At that time I informed them I was moving out of state and time was of essence. He assured me it was no problem and I was set in early Dec. for my bridge work to be completed. A week before my appointment I received a call stating the lab needed a new impression. I explained to them my situation and the lab agreed to try and use what they had and rush my work. I move next week and they have still not received my bridge. All of this work was paid in advance per their policy. They refuse to entertain a refund and tell me I will have to return when they receive the bridge which is not possible. I will be 12 hours away and my family only has one vehicle. I do not have the resources to fly and rent a car. Do I have any recourse open to me? Can you sue a dentist for failure to complete their work.? Thanks for any assistance!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I also have lab support difficulties. I usually don't like to cut it close with rush jobs. Communication is the key. If you were my patient and told me when you will be leaving, I will usually have you see your next dentist instead of rushing it. A rush job on a bridge can be disastrous such as poor esthetics, poor margins where contaminants can leak, poor bite, poor contouring, pain, sensitivity, pulpal damage, bone damage, and poor gum health.

Vote:

Ask a Question