Implants

Hi I had two dental implants placed in my front jaw to hold a bridge of four front teeth. Unfortunately the implants for various reasons failed. I therefore had a bridge fitted to my canine teeth. I had the bridge remade and refitted around 6/7 years ago. The new fit wasn't great. For a while now I've had a bit of bulging on the gum line but it seems to be getting worse and the gum where the implant is is red. Do I need to see a dentist? What could it be?

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_155615.jpg
    IMG_20200214_155615.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 133

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
A 6-unit bridge from canine to canine is very risky and I wouldn't do it. When they fail, you may lose the canines, which are one of the most strategic teeth in your head after 1st molars.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
There are always dentures. At least they won't ruin your canines. If you lose your canines, then you will end up with a very uncomfortable denture. Maybe seek out a prosthodontist about a review of possible implants, or a periodontist.

Vote:

Ask a Question