Implants look very different from my natural teeth

673F3BAC-B000-46B9-B781-0E5B9302749D.jpeg

I lost my two upper front teeth and had to get implants. The picture on top is of my natural teeth. Bottom one is the implants.

I think my implants are shorter than my natural ones. Also they are fitted improperly. They are jutting forward a little. My dentist says my implants look alright. Can the crowns be adjusted?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

A lot of the times the crown position is based on the implant screw position in the bone. Usually with implants, we plan from the crown down, so in a case like this, proper planning had to be done in order to determine the optimal position of the implants. You didn't share any x-rays, so it might be that the amount and quality of bone in your case, influenced the outcome, but if you are unhappy with the presentation, you should bring this up with the treating dentist. Implant crowns can sometimes be slightly adjusted, but if major changes are required, they have to be remade.

Vote:
DA354CAF-71EF-4BF5-A4F2-0E97634AD5F0.jpeg
B40BDFA0-BA30-455F-9052-818D6A9AB27B.jpeg
Here is the x-ray of my implants. Do they look like they are positioned at an angle that would’ve led to the forward sticking of the crowns? Thank you for your response.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Unfortunately these xrays would not give me that information. Would need a CBCT scan, which is 3D, in order to judge the angulation.

Vote:

Ask a Question