implant vs do nothing

Dentists say bad things will happen if a tooth is pulled and the space is left empty. But I haven't found anyone, yet, who has had problems arise from a missing tooth. I am 64. I have asked 3-4 people so far who have teeth missing. They have had no problems. I will ask more

Well, teeth move forward, and when a tooth shifts forward to replace the missing gap, it causes malocclusion from other teeth. Making certain teeth super erupt, and root exposure. Sensitivity, and oh, just the basic things like loosing more of your teeth.

Vote:
We don't give 100% surity of both things.
Some people experience no problem after pulling the tooth and the space is left empty but some experience severe problems like joint problems, headaches, neck aches or ear aches.
There are some factors on which the movement depends like
- Your age: In young age, the movement of rest of your teeth is faster.
- Position of your tooth: The loss of canine tooth will effect the movement in large amount. But the loss last tooth does not give any bad effect.

Vote:
This thing is more user specific. Though there is no scientific verification but it does cause problems. As danielhermann has right mentioned, there are quite a few factors to be considered before any conclusion may be reached upon.

Dr. Reena Gupta

Vote:
Maintenance of bone after tooth loss to improve or maintain facial esthetics and improved retention, function, and performance of removable restorations are only some of the advantages for the edentulous patient.

Vote:
The missing tooth will not only create a bad appearance but it can affect the functionality of your jaw bones and nearby teeth. More than all these, you cannot even have food properly.

Vote:

Ask a Question