Implant vs Bridge

Hello, I am a 48 year old male, as I am need of a second opinion and I am need of full mouth restoration, 98% in implant; as I was advised by my Dentist that its recommend to get the bottom front teeth, bridged/crowned than implanted. She said that having implants on the bottom, as I will have implants on the top, might cause a collision while chewing food; considering that they are not my teeth. By having a bridge/crown on the bottom front instead will prevent this collision, as I know that the bottom front teeth that is just grinded down is mine; but supported with a bridge and a crown.

Can please advise your comments, if what this Dentist said me actually is true.

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
It is very common to put implants on the top and bottom where they meet. I am not sure what your dentist means by "collisions", because you want teeth to collide. That is how you chew food. As long as the heights of the final implant crowns is very carefully adjusted, there should be no additional issues.

Vote:

Ask a Question