Implant titanium toxicity and removal

Has any one had allergic reaction to their implant or symptoms associated with an overactive immune system, including chronic fatigue, joint and muscle pain, cognitive impairment, depression, headaches, fibromyalgia and skin rashes.

I have an implant that in is number 15 and it reaches
Sinus front 1.JPG
up into my sinus cavities.
I been told not to remove it as it could be more complicated but I am afraid the implant may be toxic to me as I constantly battle cognitive impairment and more recently mild studdering. I want to say or react to something but I get interupted by this cloudiness and the inability to have structured concepts.

As you can see in the phone there is scaring and inflammation where the implant is

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The most likely allergic reaction to an implant is Type IV hypersensitivity, none of which correlates with your signs and symptoms. I don't even know what that X-ray is meant to represent - I can't see the implant in it.

Vote:
The most likely allergic reaction to an implant is Type IV hypersensitivity, none of which correlates with your signs and symptoms. I don't even know what that X-ray is meant to represent - I can't see the implant in it.

The xray (right side) you can see the impant is into the sinus cavity. There is an inflammation highlighted that has been on going since I can remember. I've had mri;s done three times and this swelling is constant.

My concern is my body is consuming amount small levels of metal and causing cognitive impairment. This is my second implant as the first one was removed over ten years ago. Back in the early 90's they made one size fits all. Needless to say that one cracked and got infected. This one newer one feels noticeable but not enough to create pain. There is something there as the mri provides evidence. Doctors have told me its inflammation. I worried its more than that and more is going on.

I've been told more complications would arise if I removed it and they do not provide a solution if I would rather not have the piece of metal in my skull.

If I knew now, I would have never gotten this implant and chosen a bridge. These days with 3d etching teeth/ crowns are almost perfect.

Vote:

Ask a Question