Implant thoughts on immediate vs delayed?

Solutions
Just wanted to get thoughts on the subject. Is it best to extract, heal, and implant or straight to implant? Ive heard a mix of different opinions what are yours? I will be faced with this decision very soon any insight is appreciated, thanks in advance.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'm sorry I don't place or restore many implants. My advice is to go to a dentist experienced with implants. Usually the restorative dentist decides on the proper course of action and has a referring surgeon to place the implant and followup on bone healing.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Generally extract, heal, then re-evaluate in case of need for bone or gingival grafting. Immediate placement only saves the patient some time (supposedly) but introduces other risks, e.g. what if the tooth fractures during extraction, is the position of the tooth root ideal for the same position of an implant, what retention will the implant have if it isn't fully surrounded by bone?

Vote:

Ask a Question