Implant Supported Bridge

Discussion in 'Dental Restoration' started by Jaws, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Jaws

Jaws

I knocked out my teeth several years ago and received a 2 implant-3 crown supported bridge. The problem is the gap between the gums and crown are annoying and I can't stop playing w/ it w/ my tongue. Is there a way to fix this?

Jaws, Jun 21, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Jaws

MattKW Verified Dentist

If your bridge is screwed in, you might be able to remove it, add porcelain, and replace, but can be risk of problems.Sometimes there might still be some gap for cleanliness, so talk to dentist about what you want to achieve. Sometimes you have to replace the bridge entirely.

MattKW, Jun 21, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Jaws

Jaws

My bridge is cemented on the implants.

Jaws, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Jaws

MattKW Verified Dentist

Sometimes they are cemented on with a temp cement so that there is a possibility of removal. It would still be at risk of fracturing the porcelain, so you have to be ready for a new bridge at worse.

MattKW, Jun 21, 2018
  5. Jaws

Jaws

I would be surprised if it was temp cement. I might be ready for a new bridge anyway since part of my porcelain broke off.

Jaws, Jun 22, 2018
  6. Jaws

MattKW Verified Dentist

Only that the fit of the machined crowns is so good that a really tough cement is not always needed, and when problems like yours happens, it gives a bit of leeway.

MattKW, Jun 22, 2018
  7. Jaws

Jaws

I'm a special case since i lost a lot of bone after my accident. I had to get a bone graft before the implants and the gum line is shrinking.

Jaws, Jun 23, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question