Implant Supported Bridge

I knocked out my teeth several years ago and received a 2 implant-3 crown supported bridge. The problem is the gap between the gums and crown are annoying and I can't stop playing w/ it w/ my tongue. Is there a way to fix this?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If your bridge is screwed in, you might be able to remove it, add porcelain, and replace, but can be risk of problems.Sometimes there might still be some gap for cleanliness, so talk to dentist about what you want to achieve. Sometimes you have to replace the bridge entirely.

Vote:
If your bridge is screwed in, you might be able to remove it, add porcelain, and replace, but can be risk of problems.Sometimes there might still be some gap for cleanliness, so talk to dentist about what you want to achieve. Sometimes you have to replace the bridge entirely.
My bridge is cemented on the implants.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
My bridge is cemented on the implants.
Sometimes they are cemented on with a temp cement so that there is a possibility of removal. It would still be at risk of fracturing the porcelain, so you have to be ready for a new bridge at worse.

Vote:
Sometimes they are cemented on with a temp cement so that there is a possibility of removal. It would still be at risk of fracturing the porcelain, so you have to be ready for a new bridge at worse.
I would be surprised if it was temp cement. I might be ready for a new bridge anyway since part of my porcelain broke off.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would be surprised if it was temp cement. I might be ready for a new bridge anyway since part of my porcelain broke off.
Only that the fit of the machined crowns is so good that a really tough cement is not always needed, and when problems like yours happens, it gives a bit of leeway.

Vote:
Only that the fit of the machined crowns is so good that a really tough cement is not always needed, and when problems like yours happens, it gives a bit of leeway.
I'm a special case since i lost a lot of bone after my accident. I had to get a bone graft before the implants and the gum line is shrinking.

Vote:

Ask a Question