Implant problem

A year ago I had 4 implants, pre molars, placed surgeon (periodontist) waited 5 months and then impressions for crowns were taken by dentist. It has been about 5 months and I seem to have some bleeding when I brush the gum line.....I use some peridex and it clears up then it will re appear. Went to implant surgeon (periodontitis) and he seems to see nothing wrong....just gave me some brushing techniques. I was worried about peri implantitis but he assured me I didn’t have it! I do have thin gums not sure if that makes a difference. Has anyone had this and any suggestions?

Last edited:
You floss and brush, correct? As well as peridex at times. You might consider also daily use of a WaterPik (with warm, strong saltwater; allow plain tapwater to drain from it so you don't leave saltwater in it overnight).

I've been doing this for well over a decade and find this to be an invaluable supplement to brushing & flossing. It both flushes out residual debris (food for plaque germs) and the salt helps kill off plaque germs. I think the best time when using it just daily is after your last meal of the day, preceded by flossing. [Using inexpensive rock salt suffices, I get mine in 20 lb bags which last around a year.]

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If the periodontist has reassured you, then you're probably doing OK. They can be really finicky at times, and I don't think they'd risk you getting peri-implantitis. Sounds like you're doing all the right things.

Vote:
Most of the implant problems are caused by bad planning or uncomplete assestment of the patient's bone conditions, lack of skills or inexperienced dentists.

Vote:

Ask a Question