Implant or Abatement, Crown loose?

Hi all,

I'm pretty anxious right now and felt I would reach out and see if anyone has any insight. I broke and tooth and had an implant placed in my jaw in early April 2018 and the crown/abatement in early October 2018. At the time, x-rays looked good and it appeared as if the bone had fully integrated with the implant. The implant looked good in November 2018 when I went in for my 6 month cleaning.

A week ago, I noticed the crown would move slightly inward if I touched it manually, but when I pushed down on it, it would be more firm and not move. Sometimes I could hear a mechanical clicking noise when it moved after being pushed down. I called my dentist and I am seeing him tomorrow. I have no pain, redness, swelling, gum recession or anything like that. Physically, it looks like nothing is wrong.

I think the crown was cemented onto the abatement, but I have no idea if there is a hole in the tooth to access the screw. I know I have no x-rays to show, but is it possible the implant is failing or is this just a crown/abatement issue? Nothing feels like I should pull it out. It is possible that the implant can fail without any physical signs?

Ask a Question