implant movement( Dentist insists that nothing wrong)

Hello there,
I had th implant placed four years ago, and until now I've had no problems but recently I notice the movement of the crown.came back to dentist and he said that he feels the movement but we should leave it as it is because the X-ray doesn’t show anything.
Five years ago the same dentist was placing the implant( on the same place) which was regected after one year and he replaced it with a new one( which is wobbly now). I don’t know what to do as I am afraid if I leave as it is it would destroy my bone.

Attachments

• 4ACC47DC-9D8B-4A19-9355-BA5BCE888C9D.jpeg
    4ACC47DC-9D8B-4A19-9355-BA5BCE888C9D.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 426
There's too much crown on top to be held by that implant.
Thanks for reply.
What can be done? To replace the crown? P.S. does it look like he didn’t remove the root canal( the white blemish on the right )? Do you think the implant placement was done correctly?( not to close to the neighbor tooth)

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Thanks for reply.
What can be done? To replace the crown? P.S. does it look like he didn’t remove the root canal( the white blemish on the right )? Do you think the implant placement was done correctly?( not to close to the neighbor tooth)
Replace the crown with a half-size width. You will be left with a gap in front, and may have to consider another single implant and crown. I don't know what the blemish represents, but it is possibly part of an old gutta percha from an RCT - should be easy to remove. The current implant is very close to the tooth behind, but can't see any reaction and would only consider removal if absolutely necessary.

Vote:
Replace the crown with a half-size width. You will be left with a gap in front, and may have to consider another single implant and crown. I don't know what the blemish represents, but it is possibly part of an old gutta percha from an RCT - should be easy to remove. The current implant is very close to the tooth behind, but can't see any reaction and would only consider removal if absolutely necessary.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Vote:
Hi again. Had a second opinion with another doctor and he said the implant wasn’t placed correctly and offered to remove the implant and to do the sinus lift with a bone craft and place the new implant in the right place. I don’t know should I risk it or just leave it wobbly crown as it is now( my dantist tried but couldn’t remove crown from the implant).

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Hi again. Had a second opinion with another doctor and he said the implant wasn’t placed correctly and offered to remove the implant and to do the sinus lift with a bone craft and place the new implant in the right place. I don’t know should I risk it or just leave it wobbly crown as it is now( my dantist tried but couldn’t remove crown from the implant).
The implant appears well-integrated, so removal would be difficult and risky.
I assume the crown is cemented onto the implant. They can be removed, but might have to be drilled off.

Vote:
The implant appears well-integrated, so removal would be difficult and risky.
I assume the crown is cemented onto the implant. They can be removed, but might have to be drilled off.

Unfortunately the implant is not cemented. It’s a Bicon implant( not screwed or cemented).

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Unfortunately the implant is not cemented. It’s a Bicon implant( not screwed or cemented).
Sorry, I may have not been clear. The implant goes in first, then a screwed abutment, and then a crown is the top part. The crown is either cemented on the abutment, or screwed in as part of the abutment. From the Bicon website, it appears that their crowns for molars is cemented on the abutment. So the crown would have to be drilled off the abutment; the implant remains untouched.

Vote:
First of all I just want to say thank you for your time and replies.
This is the situation.
My first dentist who did the implant told me that he couldn’t replace the crown as he tried to knock it off (literally). He explained that this implant is type of a cone which goes on the top of abutment( not screwed or cemented) . After couple attempts of removing it he just gave up. I went to another doctor who couldn’t understand why the crown not cemented or screwed( he said he’ve never worked with implants like that before and asked me to bring the medical journal from this doctor to see what kind of the implant is there).Because of this type of the implant if he removes the crown he wouldn’t unfortunately be able to replace just the crown as they don’t work with this type of the implant here . Then he has to do the whole process again( whole the new implant) And I don’t know what to do as I am worried if he starts to remove it it could damage the other tooth as it’s too close to it. And implant itself sits quite tight. I really appreciate your help and thank you so much for your answers.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
First of all I just want to say thank you for your time and replies.
This is the situation.
My first dentist who did the implant told me that he couldn’t replace the crown ......
No, that doesn't make sense, and I've been to the Bicon website where they have the Manuals and Catalogues available for download, so I don't think your dentists have even looked.
If you try to remove the whole implant, you are going to lose a chunk of good bone.
Anyway, other options are:
  1. Contact Bicon and find out who they might sell their product to from their invoices. Maybe you can find a dentist in your area who uses it. Maybe they can even advise your dentists about how to retrieve this situation.
  2. Failing that, it would be possible to drill off the extra crown and leave the one on the abutment. Clumsy, and a bit of a pain, but at least that'll stop the excessive forces, and if all goes well you might be able to get another implant squeezed in the gap.

Vote:
You are right ( I suspect that the first dentist is not that good with the implants after all ).thats why I am frustrated and feel totally helpless in this situation. I tried to contact several implantologist in the area but none of them use Bicon and they even never heard of this brand /type of the implant. Do you think if I just leave the situation as it ( slight wobbly crown) and wouldn’t go with the solution of the second dentist, will it do damage to my bone in the future?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You are right ( I suspect that the first dentist is not that good with the implants after all ).thats why I am frustrated and feel totally helpless in this situation. I tried to contact several implantologist in the area but none of them use Bicon and they even never heard of this brand /type of the implant. Do you think if I just leave the situation as it ( slight wobbly crown) and wouldn’t go with the solution of the second dentist, will it do damage to my bone in the future?
It's really hard to be sure. If the implant gums are in good health, then I have to assume either the crown or abutment is loose. Maybe one of those components will come out by itself over time, and then you could look at redoing it; maybe your dentist could reduce the height of the crowns for now so they don't bother you. Ok, see what happens. It can't be worse than trying to take out the implant. :confused:

Vote:

Ask a Question