Implant hidden cost

Hi,

I had two implants placed last week (brand: Noble).

The oral surgeon office required me to pay extra for a bag they will give me after the follow up and will contain "components".

I asked them, what are these components for?

They said - it is something you give your dentist that will guide him when placing the abutment.

I called the dentist who said: i don't need this, don't bring it.

Does anyone know what are these components for and how can I refuse to buy something that neither I, nor the dentist will use and will go directly into the trash?

Thanks!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Just make sure that the oral surgeon did not mean impression copings. This is a necessary component that is needed in order to guide the technician in order to make sure that the implant crown's path of placement is correct. You can't guess this.
A lot of times the oral surgeon sends this with the patient to the dentist. It might be that your dentists has his own components that he uses. Just make sure that if that is the case, that the components are sterile

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Probably not necessary if your general dentist already has the components. These are usually transfer copings etc. Abutment copings are usually bought by the general dentist when the crown is being made by the lab, and may already have been factored into the cost by the general dentist. I'd say, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Vote:

Ask a Question