Implant Dilemma

Hi All.
Hoping to get some thoughts on a dilemma I'm in.
I recently had the last four of my bottom teeth (front) removed, and am now waiting a few months before the next stage, which is implant surgery.
I was supplied with a temporary bottom denture until that procedure starts.
I was planning a full bottom set, fixed bridge.
The thing is I find that I am very comfortable with the temporary removable denture.
I've been wearing it all day every day for the last few weeks, and after an initial adjustment period, I don't find it stops me living life normally in the slightest.
I fit it in with fixadent and sits perfectly in place, doesn't move or irritate me at all, and I find I can eat at least two meals a day without issue.
So now I'm wondering if the rest of the procedure is really worth it, but what about bone loss.
Will that really have a huge impact on my facial features.
Obviously one looks on the internet, but I notice most of the photo's used to illustrate the issue, are elderley people with very sunken features, and clearly full denture wearers who don't have them in at the time of the photo.
That leads me to wonder if the whole issue is being overplayed by the industry as a means of selling the procedure.
I was going for implants because I could not bear the thought of ordinary false teeth, but now find I am perfectly happy with them, so the only reason left to have them is preserving my facial features as far as I can.
Is there really any point in going further by spending thousands on the next stage.
I'd appreciate some input.
Any advice or thoughts given here will not, under any circumstances be communicated to my dental technician
Many thanks.

Ask a Question