Impartial opinion

Solutions
Hello everyone.

I have been trying to establish whether my daughter's lengthy orthodontic treatment has been carried out properly. I have sought and paid for 2nd opinions but have been greeted with a bit of a closed shop. (I get the feeling the orthodontist are very well connected in my area). Practitioners are not willing to discuss how the teeth came to be in their current state, (which is not great), and are only interested in how to correct them from now on. Which is, off course, an expensive procedure which we do not feel we should have to pay.

Is there somewhere I can go to get an impartial review of her treatment. I have x rays and records etc.

Any advice would be fantastic as we have been struggling over this for a long period of time.

Many thanks

howso

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What are your concerns and what were the other practitioners' opinions? If you have exhausted all options, you may consider your state or province licensing authorities.

Vote:
Solutions
Many thanks honestdoc.

It is only recently that we have all the xrays and records so I should go for another opinion, however like I said, I suspect all practitioners may know one another so being sure of a neutral opinion is difficult. I have considered flicking through the phone book and asking an orthodontist in a random town hundreds of miles away but was afraid that this my come across as weird. I was hoping someone on here may be willing to take a look.

Vote:

Ask a Question