Impacted Front tooth

Hello.

I would like just to ask with regards to my panoramic xray.

Quick story. Eversince i was in the sixth grade,12 years ago, my permanent front tooth never grew and during that time we consulted with a dentist and he thought my front tooth was just impacted, based on the xray, so we just decided to put me on dentures and wait for it to grow (since we are not that well off).

Fast forward to now, I finally have a job and decided to get braces. I had an xray but my dentist told me I never had a permanent front tooth and what I thought was my front tooth was just a bone.

Can anyone confirm this?
It will really help my decision making about what to do with my teeth. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-31 180144.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-31 180144.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 35

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your dentist was wrong. The "bone" is actually the front tooth. You have a supernumerary in its place. Get some opinions from orthodontists. I believe it may be more predictable to remove the supernumerary and place an implant.

Vote:
Your dentist was wrong. The "bone" is actually the front tooth. You have a supernumerary in its place. Get some opinions from orthodontists. I believe it may be more predictable to remove the supernumerary and place an implant.
Hello.
Thank you for replying.
One of the reason why my dentist said it wasnt my front tooth is because its much bigger than my other front tooth.
Which to me is a valid point so I believed her.

And also, are you suggesting that implants are my best option?

Vote:
I think it may be the most predictable option. What are the orthodontists' opinions?
The dentist is also an orthodontist. I originally went to her for braces since I thought supernumerary tooth that was showing was my front tooth. But after taking a look at my xray she concluded that braces is out of my options.

I did considered an implant but thats too expensive for me. So i went with fixed bridge. It just sucks that two of my teeth need to be shaved but thats my best option if I want to get rid of my dentures.

Any tips on fixed bridge care? I saw some videos that the teeth decayed and I would like top prevent that.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't like bridges because of the teeth drilling as you are aware. You may experience a lot of sensitivity after the bridge prep. You are right in that it is very important to keep the bridge clean especially under the pontic. Be very careful not to bite into an apple, carrots, etc because the bridge can be more fragile.

Vote:

Ask a Question