Iluma ct conebeam scanner warning

First and foremost I am licensed and registered in general radiography and computed tomography. This is a long overdue warning to any dentists, cosmetic surgeons, ENT's, orthodontists etc etc in the market for a sit down dental CT scanner. STAY AWAY FROM THE ILUMA CT Scanner by IMTEC/3M!!!!! The most significant problem with this thing (there are many) is the lack of head support for the patient. If you google image "iluma ct scanner" you will notice that there is no support for the back of the patients head once they sit in the chair, only a chin cup. If you examine further however on the white colored models (the one I use) there is a head rest. After months of having to do repeat scans due to motion I noticed an ad for the scanner in a medical journal. A head rest was affixed to the back of the chair in the ad but I however had no such piece on my scanner. How come? I figured I could call Imtec mention the ad and have them send me this piece because for some reason they forgot to give it to me in the first place. Problem solved no more motion. Keep in mind I had already mentioned to their service dept the need for greater head support multiple times although they never brought up the piece. Anyway another call to Imtec, I mention my discovery and out of the mouths of these people themselves. "We don't provide that piece anymore because when the gantry spins around the patient it slams into the head rest". What!?? They were knowingly advertising and selling a machine with a major defect. Not long after my expose phone call did I notice a revamp of their web page without images of the defected scanner, but there's still a catch. They still sell the exact same unit, just a different color(black), still without the head piece. Repeats and motion filled scans galore. I'm not even going to get into how the gantry constantly bumps into larger PT's shoulders as well. To think people could actually complicate the idea of just sitting in a chair.

Just want to add that there are multiple people who share a negative opinion of this piece of equipment. ENT's, radiographers, PA's, radiologists, NP's, oral surgeons/dentists and of course patients. STAY AWAY!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehollandparkdentist

Latest Threads