If a filling has become damaged, how long is too long to wait to see a Dentist?

Solutions
I took a bite of some food and had toothache since, it is a tooth with a filling. Due to the virus no Dentists are doing fillings.

I am keeping the tooth clean, I am eating on the otherside, brushing twice a day with sensodyne repair and protect toothpaste, using mouth wash as well as swishing around salt water. Also when I go to bed I put some of the toothpaste onto the tooth as well.

I am only drinking water, tea and milk. I have cut out all sugary foods and drinks.

The filling is still in place, I do not really have pain when drinking hot and cold things, just a slight discomfort. I can chew on it ok, but only done it for a test, again just brings discomfort. I have a constant dull ache that throbs every now and then. I also have a metallic taste in my mouth as well.

I did this on Tuesday 7th April, will the tooth be ok? As soon as the restrictions or some of them are lifted for the dentist I will be making an appointment.

I had my check up in Feb and all my teeth were fine then.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I couldn't even tell a face-to-face patient how long it would take; what do you expect over the internet with no examination or Xrays?

Vote:
Solutions
I couldn't even tell a face-to-face patient how long it would take; what do you expect over the internet with no examination or Xrays?
Best guess.

Could I have possibly bruised the tooth by biting down? As well as maybe chipped the tooth or filling a little bit? As the ache has eased a lot, its not really sensitive to hot and cold things its just general discomfort when eating on it which i am trying to avoid. It still feels odd in my mouth though.

I am keeping the area as clean as I can.

Can a dentist do a filling without drilling?

Vote:

Ask a Question