I wonder if someone can figure this out :)

Please be aware that english is not my first language :)

Little story time of how my problem started. It was around January 2017, I was at uni living my student life. With that comes a lot of sweet and junk food. Around february I spotted some decay on my tooth in the back on the lower side of my jaw. I did not feel any pain so I ignored it for a while and scheduled my dentist appointment in March. So March comes and I feel a bit of pain but nothing serious, dentist cleaned it out and filled it.
This is the point where it started.
After the procedure I went home and still had some pain which I contributed to the dental visit. Fast forward to August 2017 and I was still having pain in that area. I went to my dentist but she couldnt see anything and I was advised to see how it goes. The pain went down a bit and I just ignored it. It was just a slight pain in that area for few months. Barely noticeable.
Fast forward several months to March 2018. The pain got worse, its deep pain that is dull and not pulsating. I went to dentist and got an xray but there was nothing. He cleaned the area under gums to see if that helps. In the upcoming months the pain got more severe to the point where its hard to concentrate on work. And I got same pain on the otherside of the jaw. And yesterday I started to feel some weird tast in my mouth but it doesnt feel like decay (I had that before).
Dentist didnt find anything, posting here to get my mind of pain.

*edit: I dont have fever and didnt have fever during the whole duration. Plus I was able to recover from cold so my immune system should be ok.

Last edited:
Does your bite when you close your mouth focuses on that particular tooth?

I had something similar, and I realized it was due to my bad bite. Every time I eat my upper molar bangs on that tooth repeatedly. Dentist couldn't see anything. I tried for a few weeks to stop eating on that side and the pain subsided. Probably ligament inflammation in my opinion

Vote:
Does your bite when you close your mouth focuses on that particular tooth?

I had something similar, and I realized it was due to my bad bite. Every time I eat my upper molar bangs on that tooth repeatedly. Dentist couldn't see anything. I tried for a few weeks to stop eating on that side and the pain subsided. Probably ligament inflammation in my opinion

My molars dont touch when I bite. Only on one side. I know that my wisdom teeth are starting to appear on top of my jaw on both sides and that is quite painfull. Some people say that the nerves are connected so maybe its that. The pain is now on both sides of my lower jaw with the left side having pain for more than a year and right side started 2 days ago.

Makes me feel depressed sometimes since every dentist said that he thinks everything is ok.

Vote:
If you could post an x ray then one of the dentists here might present an opinion.
Unfortunately I dont have xrays and getting a dentist appointment will take at least 2 weeks.
Ive managed to discover what might be the issue with right side. Gingvitis I think. The gum started to bleed when I was brushing my teeth.
Left side still unknown.

Vote:
Solutions
I'd have thought a dentist would have noticed that straight away. You can request x rays from the dentist. The surgery can email them to you.

Vote:

Ask a Question