I think my dentist caused me to need a possible root canal

I had 2 fillings placed 7 weeks ago. After the second filling I came home with tons of pressure and sharp pinchy pain. The first filling she did the week before no pain everything seemed normal. Second filling suppose to be a small filling and yet it felt like those clamps they use for composite fillings never came off tooth. Both my teeth then started to hurt after 2nd filling . The dentist says the second molar filling is not close to nerve and cannot understand pain, I have had the tooth filed down twice. I am so discussed because I may need 2 root canals now. I just had wisdom teeth surgery 3 months ago then the crappy fillings.
All dental insurance is used for the year and I cannot afford 2 root canals yet I need my teeth. I read on the internet the minute the dentist starts filling tooth there is always potential for root canal. Well I have had tons of fillings crowns root canal on teeth since I was young. I am 49 now. Never experienced pain after coming home from having a filling. I say Bolony to you dentist. Dentist, endodontist etc make a ton of money and I truthfully cannot afford 2 root canals and really dont want to do that to my body so soon. The dentist should not have me in so much pain after a filling unless something happened when she did it. It took 4 weeks for pain to go away but the reason I am going to endodontist is because I continue to have tons of pressure in the teeth like I did day one of the 2nd filling. I did not have it during the 1st filling for a whole week. crazy. I aslo have sensitivity to cold, however it seems to get better as the days go on except for the constant pressure.I know a good dentist when I have one, Right now I dont think that is the case. I moved to a new place, my old dentist, I never went through this.

Ask a Question