i NEVER brush my teeth, yet there are no consequence

Hey there dentistry forums people,

I'm from the Netherlands, so i have an excellent health care package and access to a very highly rated dentist.
i've never told him one thing though: i never brush my teeth.

ever since i was around 11 years old, i stopped brushing my teeth. I'm now 26 years old and i have never had single problem involving my teeth. I visit my dentist about once every 3 months, and he keeps telling me i have some of the most
strong set of teeth he has ever seen (no lie, i've even asked him once if he just tells that to people who have good teeth to make them feel pleased, or if it is actually true. and he told me he was telling the truth).

i've even gone to some special check involving a oral hygienist checking my gums, some crazy weird CAT scan and a few dentists because my mother wanted proof my teeth were still ok, because she couldn't believe they still were after all these years. Not a single thing came up.

My teeth are also not yellow at all (although they aren't clear white like you see in the commercials ofcourse) and i've never had any family member, girlfriend, friend, or someone that dislikes me tell me my breath smelled bad.

now what do you make of this guys? i'm almost thinking brushing teeth could be a complete scam made up by the dental industry, or do i have some super-mouth? :p

thanks for reading

Miraculous. What is your diet? What do you drink and eat a lot of?

honestly, nothing special. i mainly drink water and sometimes fresh orange juice.
usually i eat just normal sandwiches (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes etc) through the day.
for dinner i usually eat pasta, some kind of potato dish or asian dishes like rice or noodles.
i also order a pizza from time to time (i'm a vegetetarian by the way)

all that said i dont really focus on having a exceptionally healthy diet, i dont drink any soda or any sweets though
(because i dont like them enough to go through the trouble of buying them :p) so that may make a difference for my
teeth,

i'd say the one thing that i eat most of is probably cheese

Vote:
Saliva is antibacterial. Never drink soda and stay away from sweets. If you end up with dry mouth from some pharmasuitical then that would be bad.

The sodium fluoride in toothpaste changes the chemistry of the tooth surface, making it much more resiliant to soda and things. Fluoride doesn't chemically react with very much at all, so adding it to your teeth does the same. Soda would be very corrosive to normal teeth (like yours).

[link removed by admin]

Still, rinsing with sodium fluoride (never ingest! It is toxic to organs) once a year or so should make your teeth last longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
I used to only brush my teeth once every morning and I never flossed for most of my life,I have alway's drank lots of black tea and some green tea and I never had any teeth problems! I also ate lots of chocolate and other crap and I never even seen a dentist since I was 13 years old so thats 24 years! ever since I started brushing twice a day and flossing I needed 3 fillings and my teeth ache every now and then which they never used to,so I am starting to believe that too much brushing and all those chemicals in toothpastes damages your teeth in the long run,dentists want your teeth to turn bad to keep getting more money out of you.

Vote:

Ask a Question