I need help!

Solutions
Hi everyone

I just joined this group and am looking for other groups to join online either through Facebook or WhatsApp so if you know of any please let me know.

In April 2018 I had a full set of veneers done both upper and lower teeth in Mumbai in India. I'm not going to go into the reasons why I had it done as it's complicated but of course I regret my decision and have felt that way for just over a year now.

A month or two ago I noticed a hard pussy lump developing on the gum at the furthest tooth at the back on the lower right side. I went to the dentist and they said that I have an infection in the root of the tooth which is slowly killing off the root. A root canal will not fix the issue and the tooth will eventually have to come out but I getting second opinions.

I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone else and if so what was done about it? I would like to know what my options are and where is the best place I can go to have this treated? If it needs to come out what other options are there available. I know tooth implants are an option later.

Having just been told this today by my dentist I am devastated and really worried so I would appreciate your help.

Thank you

Jo

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Usually when crown or veneer preps are done on vital teeth, there is always a risk that nerve damage can occur,which can result in irreversible pulpitis and later an abscess if left untreated. I find it strange that they indicated that the tooth can't be treated with a root canal. Usually that would be the first option, even if there is an abscess. Extraction would be the last resort. Do you perhaps have any x-rays that might give us more information? It is difficult to give an opinion without more information.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I understand why you went "dental tourism" because in the US, dental and healthcare are insanely and unsustainably expensive (new dentist and doctor student loans can range from $350k to $800k). It's hard to select a dental or medical providers who you don't know.

I don't think you had veneers done. Veneers are thin facings on the front teeth enhancing esthetics. Many times, veneers require minimal drilling with no anesthesia. With minimal drilling, the nerve does get as traumatized. I think you had full crowns done where the dentist has to drill the tooth down to a stub. That is very traumatic to the nerve. Please provide x-rays for us to evaluate restorability.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi here is an x-ray of the area I'm talking about. The dentist printed it out for me so quality is not great but hope this can give you a better idea.
infectedtooth.jpg

Vote:

Ask a Question