I need HELP I had a Extraction

I have looked and gotten some answers on the internet but its not good enough..I also posted in yahoo..and noone responded anyway heres my story..
THIS IS THE TOOTH ON THE LEFT SIDE ON THE TOP NEXT TO MY VERY FRONT TOOTH.

I had a bad tooth that cracked all the way where you could see the pulp of the tooth.this was 2 years ago...I let it go because I did not have insurance that would cover getting it fixed or the money and I was not in pain. Well gradually I got pain and it became Abscessed..anyway I went to the closest place that accepted my insurance and it was a dentures place that did extractions but since I put on the form that I had tachycardia the dentist or whatever he was would not pull the tooth. So I was sent to a oral surgeon and he wanted to put me under for one tooth?? Anyway he gave me antibiotics for 10 days and I was suppose to go back and have it pulled but my insurance would not approve being put to sleep for this. So I didn't go back and I just let it go. Well it had pain on and off sometimes, but not until this year about 2 weeks ago it got abscessed again, or im not even sure if the infection was just there for all this time. I went to the ER and they didn't do a x-ray or anything they just gave me pain meds and a antibiotic for penicillin 4x a day for 10 days. About 5 days later I went and seen a dentist and he took a x-ray of the tooth and said it STILL had alot of infection in it and gave me, I hope I spell it right, Clindomycin to combine with the penicillinm, I also told him it was very sore in my nasal and i was having sinus problems and he said it was infection. So I took it as prescribed and then about 3 days later I went and had the extraction. I felt it, even though he gave me shots...I just had that done on this past tuesday..Well he told me that 2 days after the procedure I could stop the antibiotic, and I did. Well I am having alot of sinus problems now, I feel stuffed up, and I also feel like theres ALOT of pressure in the gum where he took the tooth out. So could there still be infection??? I just don't understand I was on 2 antibiotics and the first one I was taking a week and the infection was still there. What should I do at this point? Go back to the dentist, or is this common after extractions? I heard of sinus holes but im confused because most say in the back top molars you get those. Please just offer information..
Thanks

Ask a Question