I need advice ?

So, my front teeth are really spaced out in general and I want to get braces to fix this . But my gums in the front are really low , especially considering I'm not even 18 yet it's not supposed to happen to people under 40 ? I'm worried that If i did get braces it would really badly damage my already low gums ..would my teeth have a better chance when I get older if i didn't get braces ?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Receding gums usually results from some kind of trauma as well as deteriorating gum disease. Having braces can potentially introduce more trauma or stress. Have this conversation with your dentist and orthodontist.

Vote:
Solutions
Braces might worsen your present condition. Firstly, sort out the cause for receding gums by consulting the dentist because you are too young to have spaces between teeth and lowered gums. If it is not because of local factors like gum infection or something, check your calcium, thyroid and parathyroid levels as well.

Vote:

Ask a Question