I just want to have a healthy and beautiful smile.

fE7MgK

Whats the best option for me. I'm looking to get a nice smile, my top teeth need lots of work, probably crowns, but my bottom are mostly fine however discoloured.

Should I get a mix of veneers and crowns or just leave it? My teeth are pretty bad, they will likely just rot underneith, right?

I've always wanted a nice smile but so expensive with potential to end badly.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is difficult to determine the best options without a full evaluation. After the dentist reviews your medical history...diabetes, acid reflux, etc because those conditions can impact your teeth and gums. Why do you need a lot of work? Do you have a lot of cavities? Are you teeth in crowded postions? Do you have severe gum disease? Do you grind/clench your teeth? The dentist needs to discuss risk factors and homecare or all dental work will eventually fail.

Vote:
It is difficult to determine the best options without a full evaluation. After the dentist reviews your medical history...diabetes, acid reflux, etc because those conditions can impact your teeth and gums. Why do you need a lot of work? Do you have a lot of cavities? Are you teeth in crowded postions? Do you have severe gum disease? Do you grind/clench your teeth? The dentist needs to discuss risk factors and homecare or all dental work will eventually fail.
Can you explain how diabetes will affect cosmetic dental work? Or does that just have to do with possibility of infection?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good question. Diabetes can affect many aspects of oral health. Due to compromised healing, diabetics tend to have more debilitating gum disease and not respond well to implants integrating into bone. This can impact cosmetic work.

Vote:

Ask a Question