I have terrible teeth.

Well from the front they look pretty good, which hasn't really helped matters,
When I was younger, I had vaneers put in the front teeth, because mine where really thin and week, genetic or something along those lines if I remember correctly, this led to me being referred to a dental hospital who then put the vaneers in.

Now I brush twice everyday, around the gum, and use floss between the teeth that are close together.

The flash is making them look a hell of alot yellow than they actually are,but they are bad.

What I'm really concerned about is the gum disese with these front teeth, where you can see the red spot has suddenly become a sharp ridge/hole ..

The dentist has cancelled the last 2 appointments I have made, which is quite a pain because I book the days off.

What can be done at this point, if anything to stop the teeth just falling out.

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_213653.jpg
    IMG_20190921_213653.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 203

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It looks like a lot of erosion on those back teeth. Are you a regular drinker of acidic drinks, e.g. soft drinks, juices, sports drinks, flavoured drinks,...? The tartar around the lower front teeth is minor, and the least of your problems.

Vote:
I'll have a single junk food meal a week, maybe twice,which includes a bottle of coke, and a cigar (no smoking otherwise)

Other than that it's just milk and water and no acidic fruits, just bananas.

Unfortunately they've been like this since I was a child, weak enamel, thin and just generally crap, same with my siblings which is why it was concluded it will have been genetic I think.

I can cut out the junk food, and drop the cigar to once a month, but honestly I don't know what more I can do on top of the normal cleaning?

How bad do the gums look? The last time I was in the dentist, she was really quite rude but she did say I had gum disese and my teeth would eventually have nothing holding them in

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The only way to diagnose your gum conditions are to take x-rays to view the bone levels and to probe around your gums for attachment depths.

Vote:

Ask a Question