I have periodontal disease and I am very worried.

I have been diagnosed with Periodontal disease and I am very worried that I am going to lose my teeth soon. I have two pockets in the back that are 6's and then some 4's, 5's, 3's, and 2's.

I am scheduled to come in this Wednesday for a full scaling/root planning and they are also going to use a laser (which they told me was optional, I opted in for it, because apparently it gets more bacteria).

They have been trying to convince me that I won't lose my teeth and I just need to have this done and then my routine cleanings every 3 to 4 months. I do have some minor bone loss as well, but I don't remember how many.

I have asked them if I should just do surgery instead and they said it wouldn't be necessary.

Are they lying to me about their success rate? Can I keep my teeth? What is my prognosis?

They probably know what they're talking about, I imagine. Just do everything they say, but also get a second opinion just to be on the safe side.

I never heard of the laser thing though. How much is all this?

Vote:

Ask a Question