I have a question about a broken tooth.

I have a broken tooth no pain so far. I was wondering how bad this is. Also what is the orangeish colored stuff inside. I currently have no insurance so not much I can do.
20170406_175647.jpg

I am not a dentist but I suggest that do not wait to have pain on this tooth. If the decay reaches the nerve, a costly root canal might be needed or a tooth extraction (if you do not want a tooth there). Buy a short term dental insurance that you can pay monthly and it can cover what you want without waiting period and do the treatments. Otherwise, you might end up with a tooth extraction or a costly root canal and crown.

Vote:

Dusan Cirkovic

Verified Dentist
I have a broken tooth no pain so far. I was wondering how bad this is. Also what is the orangeish colored stuff inside. I currently have no insurance so not much I can do.View attachment 918
Maybe but just maybe it can be solved just with removing decay and place filling, but be aware that RCT may be needed.

Because it's important to SMILE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
I am not a dentist but I suggest that do not wait to have pain on this tooth. If the decay reaches the nerve, a costly root canal might be needed or a tooth extraction (if you do not want a tooth there). Buy a short term dental insurance that you can pay monthly and it can cover what you want without waiting period and do the treatments. Otherwise, you might end up with a tooth extraction or a costly root canal and crown.
Why is it considered a crime to just pay the dentist his fee? Why is it that patients think that an arguing 3rd party insurance has to get involved, disrupting the advice and progress of the professional trained to restore teeth. I can already tell this person wants free dentistry, and certainly won't take care of any dental treatment based on the amount of decay I see.

Vote:

Ask a Question