I Hate My New Bridge

I had to have what appeared to be a beautiful perfect tooth (#6) extracted due to absorption. I opted for a ceramic or porcelain dental bridge (no metal- 5,6,7) in B1. I am happy with the color, and the fit is really good, actually. HOWEVER, I am so disappointed with the shape of tooth #7. It is too small and slanted and actually looks like I had chipped the tooth and simply had the chip smoothed down. The 3 teeth remind me of sawteeth. And yes, I did look in the mirror and realize I agreed to this extremely expensive unhappiness. When I smile, my lip covers most of my teeth, just like before the bridge, but now all that shows are the sawteeth that look more like 3 canines. The dentist knows I am unhappy and promised to call me back, but that was weeks ago. I am embarrassed to whine to the dental team after I agreed to it.
I was so focused on the color and feel, it never occurred to me to focus on the appearance of the bottom edge. I know I am stuck with this unless I pay again for my oversight, or stupidity, which obviously fits me appropriately.

My question... I saw online where a lady had chipped her crown and the dentist was able to fuse something to it without removal. Link at bottom, so far, the repair has held for 6 years and is still adhering perfectly. Can my tooth #7 be built up?
I live in Martinsburg, WV.

Attachments

• 59E04972-84D7-4D8D-8FC9-F79C4880178A.jpeg
    59E04972-84D7-4D8D-8FC9-F79C4880178A.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 312
Last edited by a moderator:
Solutions
They could adjust the tooth to try to make it look less slanted. I'm sure they can fuse composite to porcelain but it won't look so good and it could fall off any time. What does the other side look like?

Vote:
The other side looks normal---no saw teeth or black triangles. I don't have a photo of that side, tho.Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate the input!

Vote:
Solutions
If you are not happy the only way is to replace it. You should ask to try in the replacement before fitting to ensure that you like it. Dentists are never happy to do rework because it eats into income. I can see why you're not happy.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Bonding composite to porcelain will fail in time. He might be embarrassed too if he knows you're unhappy. I'd bite the bullet now and make an appointment to talk to the dentist. Approaching nicely will get a much better result than aggression. Ask it like: "Can you suggest a way to fix this?". He might do another for lab cost only or reduced fee. Sometimes liability insurance covers dentists for these mishaps. Get onto it now.

Vote:

Ask a Question