I had a molar pulled and a piece might still be there

I had an infected molar and went on antibiotics for 7 days and had it pulled at around 1PM , and my regular doctor told me to keep taking the a/b med for 7 days.

The dentist was a butcher. I have never felt so much pain and I've had 4 wisdom teeth taken out. I think she broke it into 3 pieces. She had to give me 3 Novocaine shots and my tongue and lips never got numb like she asked. The pain was so bad when she was pulling that my legs were flailing off the chair.

I asked to see the tooth. The dentist said okay but you can't touch it. Then before I left I asked to see it and the assistant said she didn't have it.

Now looking into the hole I see some bumpy white stuff in one area. I don't know if it's part of the infection or if a piece of the tooth is still there:eek:

I don't know teeth I don't know if it's part of the bone or if it's a tooth that will be covered by skin and get worse later.

What should I do, run to the ER and have them check? .
Go to my regular doctor tomorrow?

I got kind of good news. I went back to the office, they were busy I had to wait about an hour and half for the dentist to look in my mouth and say that everything is fine and it's just "tissue".

Vote:

Ask a Question