I had a dentist appointment and I'm disappointed right now...

I had a dentist appointment. I went there for a check-up and made x-rays and teeth cleaning. However, the dentist mentioned that I had 9 cavities and I had to do root canal treatment for all of them and my family and I were shocked with the news. Most of my teeth don't even look like they have cavities and I'm really disappointed. I heard that root canal treatment is a very difficult and painful process for a lot of people, but others claim that it isn't as bad they thought, but I think it would be a hard process. So, I don't know how to deal with this anymore. I couldn't even pay attention to everything on the x-rays, since I was very upset. I wish I had the x-rays with me right now, but I actually don't have them.

you can ask the practice for your x rays and get a second opinion from a different dentist. Do any of your teeth hurt?

Sorry for late reply, but they don't hurt me at all. I don't feel anythinf. My mom and sister just told me that I had to root canal treatment for one tooth only, but I'm not sure about the other teeth.

Vote:
Solutions
Well twice I was told I needed root treatment when I didn't. The last time was ten years ago. Nothing happened and other dentists said it's all fine. So forgive me if I don't trust such a diagnosis but I always say seek another opinion. It's a big step and it's permanent.

Vote:

Ask a Question