I had 5 extractions yesterday

Hey guys had 5 extraction yesterday including back molar teeth and this morning blood clot fell out of my back molar site, now ive tried to avoid smoking but i cant so been lightly rinsing mouth out with salt water after every ciggy and ive kept my new dentures in, but the bottom molar site now has a weird white stringy thing coming out of the open cut, is this just healing tissue? Im in no pain or discomfort but its only been about 20hours since surgery so im hoping is not dry aocket

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's just skin sloughing off. You don't form dry scabs in the mouth, just wet white ones. A dry socket would occur at 72-96 hrs (3-4 days) post-op, and usually gives great pain that cannot be controlled with painkillers, a bad taste, and breath that could peel off wallpaper. Wait and see. Otherwise sounds li8ke it's going OK for what you had done.

Vote:
It's just skin sloughing off. You don't form dry scabs in the mouth, just wet white ones. A dry socket would occur at 72-96 hrs (3-4 days) post-op, and usually gives great pain that cannot be controlled with painkillers, a bad taste, and breath that could peel off wallpaper. Wait and see. Otherwise sounds li8ke it's going OK for what you had done.
Thank you for the reply, I've woke up today and woke up with three blood clots in my mouth "Eugh" most my blood clots are falling out as i had multiple extractions the dentist gave me dentures to wear over the wounds but when i wash my mouth with salt water it washes the clots out too, im tryng to be careful but with behind a HEAVY smoker it seems impossible not to irritate my mouth but im not feeling any pain really and no bad breath either so hopefully mouth is healthy as it feels very unhealthy lol

Vote:
Were you sutured?
Does that mean stitches? No stitches suprisingly as had two large back molars out an three front / side teeth and just been told to keep my dentures in , also had scaling , polishing , 7 crowns and two absess removals on the jaw it was a major operation as mouth was literally falling to pieces

Vote:

Ask a Question