I am so worried about this implant

It was placed next to my natural tooth but seems so close. I can barely fit my fingernail between them.
I wonder how will it be possible to place a crown on it? And wouldn't the implanting dentist see straight away that it's too close? The procedure was done three weeks ago.

I am attaching a photo. It shows the implant in my right side of the upper jaw. (The photo is not very good as it looks like there IS a small gap, which is not the case)

May I please get some information. Thank you

Attachments

• implant.jpg
    implant.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 343

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is hard to give you a definitive answer but the healing cap is covering the implant leading you to think that it is so close to the adjacent tooth. The implant crown will be made by expert technicians who will accommodate the minimal space.

Vote:
Thank you so much Honestdoc. I read your response straight away because I was so anxious but didn't have time to thank you. I am so grateful to you, you saved me from sleepless nights.

Vote:
Your implant looks good. What you are seeing is the healing cap not the dental implant. Plus, a dental implant needs to be only 1.5 mm away from a natural tooth for it to succeed. If you are not having pain or feeling looseness, you are good my friend. Your dentist and lab technician will address the spacing and give you a beautiful crown once the implant has healed.

Vote:

Ask a Question