I am 40 and am losing my teeth due to bulimia when young help!

I am 40, when i was 16 - 25 I had bulimia. My gums were receding before then anyway. I had another stress related breakdown 4 years ago and im on a pretty good road to recovery (just getting back to my wonderful marketing world self employed p/t) when i was 16, my gums were receding. I cleaned my teeth always. i did have terrible experiences with dentists at boarding school, where i was made to brush my gums with bleach. i believe this is partly hereditary, my grandma was stunning and had full dentures at 40 ( and was stunning until she passed in her 80's )
my issue is that ive FINALLY got a wonderful nhs dentist, and the breakdown clearly meant i neglected my teeth for a while Im losing them.
im only 40! I truly want another good 40 years of my life. i brush my teeth left 4 times a day with oraldene toothpaste, mouthwash, and i am trying to give up smoking also.
im happy to share images of my mouth taken today also
- will i still be able to have a denture?
- will if i give up smoking and move to a vape will that help my gum disease? ( i'm struggling with giving up totally but i'm on like 2 a day now)
- how long will it be after giving up smoking will i be able to be considered to have bone grafting?
- is there anyone else out there i can talk to? Its unnusual i know to be losing my teeth at my age these days and its not that i havent looked after them.. i feel so alone

BTW! IM POSTING THIS IN COMPLETE TRUST AND FAITH AND THE INTERNET DOES WORRY ME THAT MY PICTURES COULE END UP ONLINE SOMEWHERE SO ID RATHER SEND PRIVATELY

I can relate unfortunately. I am in my 40’s also and all my gums on my bottom teeth are receding uniformally not just in one area or one tooth. Areas that were once covered by gums are not and gums have thinned. I have practiced good oral hygiene always, just smoked when I was younger but not recently. This past year I have watched my gums recede and have been to dentist, perios, and oral surgeon with no real answers or solutions.
It does cause me anxiety and has affected how I eat. I have lost weight due to eating less. I fear I will loose my teeth and don’t understand how this is happening.
I am sorry I don’t have an answer or solution.

Vote:

Ask a Question