hydrochloride accident

Hello,

I was undergoing re-root treatment of a tooth and the endodontist allowed the bleach to go outside the root and into my face. I was in a significant amount of pain and the endodontist told me I was one of the worst cases he had ever see.
It is now six months later and the swelling has gone down. I still have some residual numbness, tingling and stiffness on the right side of my face.
My main problem is that the tooth which endured the accident has not settled and at least once a day I feel an electric shock like sensation pass through the tooth. If I run my tongue over said tooth it is also very sensitive and painful
An apisectomy has been suggested but the endodontist (different than the original) is unsure that this will help as there does not appear to be any infection.
I am very blue about this whole situation. I am reluctant to have the tooth pulled as I don't want to cause any further trauma to this side of my face and the particular tooth is in my smile line.
Any advice anyone could offer would be much appreciated as this whole situation has got me a bit depressed.

Ask a Question