How to proceed. - Fun Photos Included

A few weeks ago, the area around my rear,right,bottom molar started to get tender. I scheduled a new-patient dentist appt. (I haven't been in a few years) The appt was 6 weeks out. 3.5 weeks remaining. Well, the other day, I developed a sore on my gum in the tender area. A couple of tiny bone fragments worked their way out and it looks like it's healing some now. It's still tender though. The same spot on the left side started to get tender and another sore just like the one on the right popped up. This one has gotten bigger, and there is either a large bone fragment in there or a tooth. The "bone/tooth) isn't painful in and of itself, and it appears to be anchored in there very well. The gum around it is extremely tender though, and that back molar is not happy. The problem areas are at to just behind my back molars, and only on the bottom. I've never had my wisdom teeth out but I'm a 40-years old. No clue it it's that or something else though. Should I just wait until my appt or should I call an oral surgeon? I have zero experience with major dental issues, so I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. It's starting to get nigh on unpleasant now though.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• Bottom left.jpg
    Bottom left.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Bottom right.jpg
    Bottom right.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 67

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
We don't know what's going on underneath without x-rays. We can only guess and it looks very much like bony sequestra where the bone fragments were starved of blood supply and became necrotic and exfoliating.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It usually happens after teeth extraction and is very easy to treat. Again, we don't know what is underneath and after you get x-rays, your dentist will be able to diagnose the problem.

Vote:

Ask a Question