How to heal a swollen incisive papilla quickly

Roughly two weeks ago I stabbed my gum with a chip. It hurt. The following night I ate corn on the cob. While there was some discomfort while eating the corn, it was not enough to make me stop. Fast forward a few days and the gum behind my front teeth is swollen. I've had the swollen gum for a week now. I was frustrated enough to have a telehealth call with a dentist. He diagnosed me with a traumatic injury to the incisive papilla and gave me a list of foods to not eat, as well as instructions for salt water rinses. Does anyone else have experience with this and can tell me how long it'll last.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

It sounds like your dentist gave you good advice. It can take up to 2 weeks for a traumatic injury to heal, depending that there is no further damage to the area. Rinse with the salt water and it should clear up.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you are sure any lesions are from an injury or canker sore, ask the teledentist to prescribe you Kenalog Orabase or in Dental Paste. In the US, this medicine may not be covered by many insurances because it is considered a luxury to have your wounds heal sooner than without it.

Vote:

Ask a Question