How long does a gum injury take to heal?

So about 5 weeks ago I injured my gum between my molar and my wisdom tooth while flossing. The gum ended up slightly raised and sensitive. I went to the dentist, she cleaned the area, said there was no infection and said it should return to normal within 2 weeks. I was told the reason it looked raised is because the gum had detached from the tooth but that it will re attach.

However, despite trying to keep it clean, avoiding eating with it and using corsodyl mouth wash, it hasn't returned to normal. I still feel sharp sensitivity pains and the gum is still raised. I saw another dentist 2 days ago who told me the same thing, gave me a mouthwash called curaprox perio plus to use and said the gum should re attach itself and I'll be fine in 2 weeks.

The thing is, it's been 5 weeks and it hasn't re attached. Is it possible this will be permanent including the pain. Currently I feel extreme discomfort and sometimes sharp pains.
I don't know what else to do. :/
20200610_033227.jpg

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'm not seeing anything other than the area you circled seemed slightly irritated and traumatized. It doesn't make sense for you to have gum pain this long. Stop the rinse and if the the irritation and pain are still present after a few days, have the dentist probe the gums for any disease. You may also need cleanings.

Vote:

Ask a Question