How can I ask my dentist to remove my dental sealant?

The teeth that had dental sealants sometimes cause pain. I'm pretty sure it might have a cavity, but since it's a sealant they can't detect it.

I got the sealant 2 years ago from a different dentist that I don't go any more. I remember they put on the sealants rather quickly and my teeth were not completely dry. Also at the time I didn't know what a sealant was, so my tongue touched the teeth that were going to have a sealant.

How can I ask my dentist to remove my sealant? Are they usually very willing to do it without a proper excuse? If it matters I'm under 18 and under medicaid. I don't want them to refuse because I'm doing it for free. Though I am willing to pay out of my pocket because I really want these sealants out.

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
If you are willing to pay out of pocket, I'm sure it won't be hard to find a dentist to do it. I do think MediCaid will give you hassles though.
But keep in mind that it is unlikely you developed such deep cavities under sealants in under 2 years that it causes you pain. I am no fan of sealants (you can read my post here: http://straightupdoc.com/?p=132), but I would be doubtful that is the cause of your problem.

Vote:

Ask a Question