How badly eroded is my enamel?

Hi all. I have had an eating disorder for a year and a half. I would purge regularly for weeks then stop and not eat instead, which is why I was diagnosed with a hybrid of bulimia and anorexia. I am working on recovering, and am happy to say I haven't purged in over a week.

For the past couple of days, my bottom teeth have been aching all day long, and it's making me really nervous. I've also been drinking a can of diet soda everyday, which I'm going to cut out.

The bad effects of purging on my teeth have always terrified me, so I never purge without gargling water and chewing 3-5 antacids straight after. I know that that could only slow the erosion, and that not purging is the best solution.

I have attached pictures of the back of my lower teeth, just to get an opinion on the severity of the enamel erosion of my teeth and what treatment you think would be suitable, before my dentist appointment. I'd really appreciate any opinions. Thank you.

PS. sorry about the quality--the angle is really difficult!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ask a Question